Antony has a broad practice spanning criminal, civil and public law. Before joining Chambers, Antony lectured in public international law, European Union law and public law. Antony also provides advice and assistance to small island and developing states during negotiating sessions under the auspices of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Antony has experience acting for both the prosecution and defence in local authority cases, with an emphasis on environmental and planning enforcement cases. Antony has a particular interest in the range of ‘non-CPR’ civil proceedings brought by public authorities in magistrates’ courts and the Crown Court. Antony is a CPS Panel Advocate and a member of the Attorney-General’s ‘junior junior’ panel.
Areas of practice
- BPP Advocacy Scholar (2015)
- Inner Temple Exhibition Scholar (2015)
- University of Surrey Merit Scholar (2008-11)
- Bar Professional Training Course, BPP University – Outstanding (2016)
- LLM Public International Law, Leiden University – first class honours equivalent (2014)
- LLB (Hons) Law, University of Surrey – Upper Second Class Honours (University of Surrey) (2011)
R v Tomasz Konkel (2018) (Maidstone Crown Court) – Prosecuted a drunk-driver who caused serious injury by dangerous driving by crashing into two vehicles: https://www.kentonline.co.uk/malling/news/drink-driver-jailed-for-causing-pile-up-187541/
Chief Constable v Taylor (2019) – Successfully resisted an application for a Sexual Risk Order where the respondent had sent sexual messages and naked photographs to a 15 year old.